IEEE RFID 2015 Student Travel Grants
Our thanks to CRFID (IEEE Technical Committee on RFID), our sponsor, for once again providing funds for Student Travel Grants (STGs) for IEEE RFID 2015.
Student authors of accepted papers or poster/workshop student presenters may apply for travel grants to Chris Valenta, Finance Chair by the April 8, 2015 deadline. Up to five scholarships of $500 for travel costs will be awarded. Award recipients may apply the grant proceeds to registration fees, airfare, hotel, etc.
Requirements for all STG applicants:
- Student must be an author of an accepted paper, a presenter of an accepted poster, a workshop presenter, or an entrant in the student competition
- Student must have a paid registration for IEEE RFID 2015 and present their paper, poster, workshop talk, or competition entry at the specified time at the conference
- Student must be a student member of IEEE at the time of application and provide their IEEE membership number
- Student must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or related field in a college or university at the time of application
- Student must not have received an IEEE STG in the last 12-month period.
- Student must not receive funding for attending the conference from other sources.
Please provide the following items by April 8, 2015:
- Student’s curriculum vitae
- Cover letter from student to include the following:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date
- A description of areas reflected in the IEEE RFID 2015 program which would impact the student’s research
- Why conference attendance is important to the student
- Letter from the student’s advisor to include the following:
- Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D., Master, or Bachelor candidate in good standing
- The suitability of the IEEE RFID 2015 program material to the student’s research area
- Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student
- Availability of funds from other sources (particularly the advisor, the student, and/or the student’s institute/university) required to pay for the student’s conference registration fee
Evaluation Criteria will include the following factors:
- Some preference will be given first to student authors of accepted papers, then to accepted poster presenters.
- For student paper authors, the strength of the reviews of the submitted manuscript will be a factor in the decision making.
- For all student applicants, the quality of the advisor letter and the perceived institutional resources will be a factor in the award as well.
- Priority will be given to students from institutions that have not received IEEE RFID STGs in the last two years.
- Those applying for STGs will receive notification letters at the conference. Please ask for your letter at the Registration Desk
- STG Awardees will receive instructions regarding
- How to submit original receipts for registration fees, airfare, hotel costs, etc.
- How to complete an IEEE expense reimbursement form
- Where to mail or email the receipts and expense reimbursement form
- If the Awardee completes the expense reimbursement form onsite and can supply all necessary receipts, a check for the grant amount will be provided at that time. For international attendees, a wire transfer will be provided upon request.
Key Deadlines for the Student Travel Grant process:
- Application supporting documents: April 8, 2015
- Decisions/notification: Onsite
- Acceptance by the recipient: Onsite
All correspondence regarding Student Travel Grants should be sent to Chris Valenta, Finance Chair.